BoomBoom is a fast-paced start-up that's bringing aromatherapy to the masses. After a successful online launch in 2015, our products are positioned to be on thousands of retail countertops in 2017.
Before I give an overview of the internship, here are three quick points:
THIS IS NOT YOUR "TYPICAL" INTERNSHIP. You will get a lot of responsibility right out of the gates with an opportunity to impact the business immediately.
WE HIRE CHARACTERS NOT POSITIONS. If you have what it takes as an individual - in other words, if you "crush it" in everything you do in life - then you'll fit in well at our company.
HUGE OPPORTUNITY (for the right person). There will be an opportunity for full time employment after the internship period. For anyone with the entrepreneurial spirit and burning desire to be successful, this will be a great launch pad into the professional world.
We’re looking for a Social Media Marketing Intern who can help us create a world-class social media presence. You’ll grow our followers, engage and retain them, and help convert them into customers and active fans of BoomBoom. In this role you’ll work directly with our executive team to strategize, create and implement social marketing campaigns across numerous platforms.
**Must live in Los Angeles area and be enrolled in college.
***Non-paid. College credit available + other fun perks.
- You’re active and have a well-rounded presence on social media, with a good understanding of each network and their best practices
- You're organized and detail-oriented
- You agree with the statement, “Work Smart, Hustle Hard.”
- You’re proactive in identifying new opportunities, solving problems, and prioritizing efforts
- You're a creative and compelling content writer on social channels
- You're self-sufficient. Hate being babysat? Well, we hate babysitting
- You have an understanding of the basics…copywriting, design, photography, and videography
- You’re curious
- You’re creative
- You’re fun to work with
How to apply
Step 1: Create a Short Video
- Create a 2-minute or less YouTube video (you can easily do this on your phone or webcam) and set the video to "unlisted" (not "public" and not "private").
- In your video, answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to join the BoomBoom Team?
- Why do you like marketing?
- On a scale of 1-10 how weird are you and why?
- Why should I hire you, and only you, over all the other highly qualified applicants?
Step 2: Send Us an Email ---> email@example.com
Your email must contain the following:
- Subject Line: **Your Booming New Intern
- The "unlisted" web link to your YouTube video
- A motivating/fun/inspirational quote that will get me absolutely stoked
- Attach an updated resume
I must receive your email (as described in Step 3 above) by 11:59pm Sunday, December 4th, to be considered for an in-person interview.
That’s it! I look forward to meeting you soon.